ADIRONDACK LT DATES
- Program Dates: June 16 - August 13, 2018
- Employment Dates: June 17-August 20, 2018
ADIRONDACK LT COSTS
- $695, plus application fee
- A $100 discount is available to anyone who registers and pays a $200 deposit before January 1, 2018
- Discounts are also available for returning LT'ers
- Learn more about available discounts and cost on the "Finances" page
ADIRONDACK LT APPLICATION DEADLINES
- Early Bird Registration ($25): Now - December 31
- Standard Registration ($50): January 1 - February 28
- Late Registration ($75): March 1 - June 15
- Please Note: Your application fee rate is applied based on the day of payment (not the date your application began).
SILVER BAY YMCA
Silver Bay YMCA of the Adirondacks is a 100-year old YMCA family retreat and conference center on the shores of Lake George. Silver Bay hosts conferences, family reunions, family vacations, weddings, and team building & leadership training on a 700-acre waterfront campus located within the southeastern foothills of the Adirondack Region of upstate New York.
- To learn more about Silver Bay YMCA of the Adirondacks, click here
AROUND THE AREA
Some of the favorite natural activities in the area include canoeing, fishing, hiking, and tubing. Small communities surround the lake, each lending its own unique style and way of life. These towns offer a variety of shopping and eating opportunities. In fact, Queensbury, at the southern end of the lake, features a Six Flags amusement and water park!
- To learn more about the Lake George area, click here
- To learn more about the Adirondack region, click here
DIVERSE WORK ENVIRONMENT
Silver Bay YMCA of the Adirondacks is a coveted summer work experience for people all around the United States and the world (more than 12 countries may be represented)! You’ll gain a broader understanding of people from different backgrounds and worldviews
UNIQUE OUTREACH OPPORTUNITIES
You'll have lots time to build strong relationships as you work, eat, and live with many of the same people throughout the summer. The natural setting of the program provides many chances to get away and experience God's creation with other people. The relationships and setting lead to many unique opportunities for talking about spiritual subjects.
All Adirondack LT participants must be employed by the Silver Bay YMCA. Acceptance into the Adirondack LT program does not guarantee employment at the Silver Bay YMCA. Check the "Employment at the YMCA" page for more details on how to apply for a job at the YMCA.
Transportation to Adirondack LT is up to the participant. Most of the campuses participating will help with arranging carpools to the program. Participants are welcome to arrange their own transportation. While having access to your own vehicle at Adirondack LT is a plus, it is not necessary. With your housing, jobs, and program activities all happening at the YMCA, it is easy to go the summer without a car.
Because everyone attending the Adirondack Leadership Training Program is required to work for the YMCA, all participants will be living in housing supplied by the YMCA. These facilities are generally dorm-like units, housing multiple people per room.
Adirondack LT participants are expected to be a good testimony for Christ all summer on the job, in our housing, during free time and at program events. Full participation in all LT events is required.